Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Antarctica in Baltimore


Glass Mind Theatre Company's production of my play Antarctica will be opening this Friday in Baltimore, which is very exciting news indeed. Information and tickets can be found here.

I'm sort of a legendary control freak, so this just sitting back and waiting for the curtain to come up is pretty much an exciting new adventure. When we were doing the production of the show I directed in 2007, we constantly asked "are you a Winnie or a Magda?" (we were going to create an internet quiz, but never got around to it). Obviously, I have turned into a total fucking Magda. But when my BFF from high school saw the show, she thought Jessi Gotta, who played Winnie, was pretty much playing me. So, yeah. I'm the writer, so I'm both. We did decide that the worst kind of people were Winnies who mistakenly thought they were Magdas.



I know I harp on Ernest Shackleton and fairy tales pretty much constantly, but please read his book South and East of the Sun and West of the Moon if you haven't already. Really.

But if you're in the Baltimore/DC area you should definitely go and check it out. I will likely be there at some point the last weekend.

No comments: