Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Gangsters and Chorus Girls


As I say in all my bios, all I do is draw pictures and tell stories. That's it. I seem to be moving more and more into a place where I'm doing this more by myself on the page and in the computer, rather than on stage, collaborating with other people. Contrary to some popularly held opinions, I actually do like collaborating and life lived through photoshop can get lonely at times. But at least I finally, finally feel like I know what I'm doing and can work at a pace that isn't completely, bone-crushingly, agonizingly slow. So, should I draw/paint in a background into the above picture? Well, obviously.

I have a few projects in the works, at least in the talking stages, mostly with others. I'm looking to combine something comic book-y with something theater-y and I'm trying to figure out a way to do this which makes sense. I have some ideas. Most of them involve projections in some way. Which does worry me as so often, media of whatever kind is so poorly integrated into whatever the live elements are. Alvin Sputnik was just back in town with his Wii controlled show, which I loved, which didn't feel remotely compromised.

So, yeah. I'm gong to be spending a lot of time drawing a lot of chorus girls and gangsters and criminals and assorted show biz folk. Which really does make me extremely happy.

No comments: