Friday, November 12, 2010

Octodad? Octolove!

Okay. I don't play video games. Really. Aside from like a hidden object game in a spooky castle when I have the flu or something, it's just not something I do. Anything that happens in real time makes me super stressed out and unhappy. I'm a born planner. I loathe surprises. Please note: I am working on this.

So, we've established that video games are emphatically not on our beat here at the Cabinet.

But...

Octopuses are part of what this blog is all about. Here's a trailer from a video game (I am so video game illiterate that I wasn't aware that video games had trailers until this appeared on my facebook wall this morning). It's called Octodad, about a father who is also secretly an octopus, and it's just the most charming thing I've seen in a long time. It's indie. It's free. And (fie!) PC only. The tag line is: Loving father. Caring husband. Secret octopus. Download it here.

Fuzzy Bastard
said it best: PC only, but still it's good to see someone drawing attention to this important issue.

Oh, just watch.

2 comments:

That Fuzzy Bastard said...

Don't play video games? What, have we already forgotten Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble?

I will add that a love the idea of a video game where the difficulty of controlling it *is* the gameplay! As far as I can tell, it's all about how hard it is do do human things with 8 sticky, jointless arms, controlled by a single mouse-and-keyboard.

Caviglia said...

Oh, I don't have it any more, sadly. Not since the death of Laptop: Sword of Vengeance.

But, yes. Dangerous High School Girls was great.