Sunday, January 30, 2011

Octopus Chandelier

One of the more delightful things about having a blog is that people send you stuff. Books, press tickets, what have you. But one of my favorite things to be sent are links or pictures. I once, in this very space, described my over-riding theory of interior decoration to be something like, "Dear God, please don't let me turn into the Collyer brothers.". But, realistically, I'm not within a million miles of being a Collyer. Really. I've seen Hoarders (but, honestly, I find it too upsetting to watch).

One day, if I am a multi-millionaire, I would like to have one of those mansions that is large enough to have theme rooms. Unsurprisingly, I would like one of these rooms to have the look of something one would find under the sea. If one was living in a nineteenth century comic book. My BFF recently steered me toward the work of artist Adam Wallacavage. Primarily a photographer, he also creates octopus chandeliers. Needless to say, I want one. Or two. I covet an Adam Wallacavage octopus chandelier with a passion that nearly frightens me.


Incidentally, his blog is also delightful.

If you wish to purchase me an Octopus Chandelier, Adam Wallacavage is represented by the Jonathan Levine Gallery in New York City. All photos belong to the artst.

No comments: